Are you interested in studying Chemistry? We share what you should know about this degree
17 February 2022
Do you want to know more about the Chemistry degree? We share with you some information about it!
If a college degree in Chemistry is among your options to study at the university, but you are still not quite sure what it is, don't worry! In this article, we share useful information that will help you learn a little more about this area! We will tell you what this degree is about and how Chemistry is part of our daily lives.
What is chemistry?
Chemistry is the science that studies the composition, structure, and properties of matter, as well as its relationship with energy and also the changes that can occur in it through what is known as reactions. It can also be defined as the science that studies substances, the particles that compose them, and the different dynamics that can arise between them.
Chemistry is made up of a large number of branches since the field of study is supported by various sciences and disciplines. The branches of chemistry are the following:
- Inorganic chemistry: focused on the study of inanimate forms of matter.
- Organic chemistry: It is also known as the chemistry of life and is the branch that focuses on compounds that revolve around carbon and hydrogen.
- Biochemistry: is dedicated to the study of the chemistry of the bodies of living beings. This branch studies the energy processes that keep organisms alive, the reactions that occur in cells, among other elements.
- Physical chemistry: also known as physical chemistry. It is dedicated to the study of the physical bases of all kinds of chemical processes.
- Industrial chemistry: also known as applied chemistry and this branch focuses mainly on the economic production of chemical reagents, novel materials, and ways of carrying out the industrial activity without affecting the environment.
- Analytical chemistry: the objective of this branch is to find methods and ways to check what things are made of and in what percentage.
- Astrochemistry: this branch of chemistry goes hand in hand with astrophysics and its field of study goes beyond our planet. In other words, their goal: the cosmos.
We cannot continue without first emphasizing the principles of modern chemistry and it is governed by the so-called quantum principle, which considers matter from different levels of complexity, such as matter, chemical compounds, molecules, atoms, and subatomic particles.
Where does chemistry apply in our life?
Actually, chemistry is one of the fields of knowledge with the greatest applications in a good variety of areas of our lives. Some of those applications are:
- Obtaining energy
- The manufacture of advanced materials
- The improvement of agriculture
- Sanitation and decontamination
If you decide to study for a degree in Chemistry, when you graduate or even during your training process you will be faced with an extremely wide field of action and full of opportunities with different approaches. We would also like to say that in this field you will face dynamic situations and you will learn something fascinating every day.
Are you interested in receiving information to study for a degree online?
To receive more information about online universities and programs to study a degree in Chemistry at a distance, you only need to complete the form available on our site so that we can communicate and support you with all the information you need.